Levels and Teaching Material
Beginners (A1, 9 sessions)
ALTER EGO +1
Description: Implementing innovative teaching methods for teenagers and adults, Alter Ego Student Textbook is structured on the recommendations of the Common European Framework of Reference. It uses an action-oriented approach, and a standard assessment and development of aptitude.
The learning process is designed to allow the student to acquire true competencies of communication and to interact in diversified situations with ready-to-use methods. The book has nine chapters with comprehensive lessons.
Each lesson contains the following to enhance the learning process:
- The Point Langue which conceptualizes the formation of the parts of speech.
- The Aide-Memoire which assists learners in memorizing.
- The Point Culture which is an inter-cultural approach sharing about the French culture in relation with others.
- Exercises which give practical applications of the language
At the end of the book one can find:
- The transcription of the dialogues on CD’s
- A grammatical index
- A multilingual dictionary
Progression: 9 units of 3 lessons
Elementary (A2, 8 sessions)
ALTER EGO +2
Description: Alter Ego 2 The Student Textbook is a product of the expertise of five professor-trainers in the field and is methodically presented in five levels. It has practical learning applications as a result of the structure that the course follows.
It is a reflection of the three approaches of the CECR namely Learning, Teaching and Evaluation:
- Student is proactive and develops strategies for learning leading to self-study.
- Motivational topics
- Given exercises reflect real situation
- Objectives and skills are presented with much clarity in every lesson
- The course of each lesson is divided into three learning stages: Understanding, Practicing, Speaking
- A summative evaluation provides an approved validation which entitles the student to apply for different certifications (e.g. DELF A1, DELF A2 and TEF and TCF tests)
Progression: 8 units of 3 lessons
Intermediate (B1, 9 sessions)
ALTER EGO +3
Description: Alter Ego +3 is addressed to learners that have acquired an A2 language proficiency level.
It aims to provide the competencies described in the B1 proficiency level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CECR) which are assessed in the DELF B1 exam.
Alter Ego 3 has nine sections which revolve around two main themes:
- Life with the daily newspaper
- Points of view
Learning will thus develop competencies for:
- Integrating recent events and everyday life
- To understand and be able to express opinions and views on varied topics.
At the end of the textbook is an alphabetical list of cultural terms in relation to France and discusses socio-cultural implications.
Progression: 9 units of 3 lessons
Upper Intermediate (B2)
NOUVEL EDITO 2
Description: Edito B2 is meant for adults wishing to acquire the upper intermediate level and who want to take the DELF B2 exam. Thematic units composed with authentic documents showing the French language diversity.
Included: a DELF preparation
Progression: 10 units
Many other documents can be used such as : Courrier International, France Info, TV5 Monde, films, RFI, …
Proficient Users (Debate C1)
The aim of the class is to use the language fluently, spontaneously almost without any effort. It is a good way to reinforce your vocabulary, win confidence, master structures and methodological savoir-faire. The class permits to improve your knowledge of French mentalities and behaviours. Only original documents and supports are used in the class.