General Terms of Sale
General Terms of Sale
Terms & Conditions valid from August 2017
- Fees are payable in advance. They are not subject to VAT. We regret that payment of fees in instalments is not accepted. Course fees do not include textbooks.
- Any returning adult student wishing to benefit from the early enrolment discount must make the payment before 8:30pm on the deadline date for that session.
- Course fees will be refunded in full if a course is cancelled or closed due to an insufficient number of students, or for any other reason beyond our control.
- REFUNDS BEFORE THE CLASS HAS STARTED: Tuition fees are refundable only if requested in writing to the Course Director ([email protected]) before the first class of the course. The following charges will apply: £30 if the written request is received more than one week before the course starts, 30% of the total course fee if the request is received after this.
- AFTER THE CLASS HAS STARTED: Course fees cannot be refunded under any circumstances once the first class of the course has taken place. The Alliance Française de Jersey cannot accept any responsibility for unforeseen changes in students’ circumstances (family, employment, health, etc.) that may prevent attendance. One up to two free catch-up lessons can be organized to cover the content of a missing class during a session. However, credit notes (valid for one term) may be issued at management’s discretion up until the third class of the course has taken place. Credit notes must be requested in writing to the Course Director ([email protected]).
PRIVATE TUITION CANCELLATION: With at least 24 hours’ notice, the lesson can be rescheduled. With less than 24 hours’ notice, the lesson is charged for as stated and cannot be rescheduled. Replacement classes can be scheduled only within the duration of the contract, provided that the tutor concerned is available. Contract of 5 hours are valid for 3 months from the date of the first class, contracts of 16 hours are valid for 6 months. After this period, you will be asked to purchase a new contract.
Unless otherwise specified, our classes are limited to 10 students per class. Only full payment of the enrolment fees reserves your place on a course. Please note that we operate on a first come, first serve policy.
- Please note that for classes with 2 or 3 students, each class will be reduced by 30 minutes for 2-hour classes.
- The Alliance Française de Jersey is closed for 2 weeks at Christmas and 5 weeks in July/August.
- Our teachers have signed contracts with the Alliance Française de Jersey which do not allow them to teach privately students who have first been introduced by the Alliance. We ask that our students respect this policy.
- The Alliance Française de Jersey reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Any complaint or commendation can be made in writing to the Course Director ([email protected]).
- Payment of the enrolment fees indicates that you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Introduce a friend, colleague or family member to the AFJ as a new student gives you a 10% discount on your next course. This discount can only be claimed by the existing student/member and is only valid when both persons register at the same time, for the same session, and in person.