Ideally situated in the old Public Library of St Helier, the AF was set up in 1996.
We are looking to recruit an Administrative and Communication Assistant to join our team.
Send your application (CV and Cover Letter) to [email protected].
About the Alliance Française de Jersey
The Alliance Française was created in 1883 in Paris under the protection of Paul Cambon and Pierre Foncin, around personalities such as Jules Verne, Louis Pasteur, Ferdinand de Lesseps, Armand Colin and Jules Renan.
Today, it is the leading cultural network worldwide, with 813 Alliance in 133 countries on all five continents. Each year 56,000 people, of all ages, attend Alliances Françaises to learn French, and more than 3 million people participate in their cultural activities.
The network is coordinated by the Alliance Française Foundation (Fondation Alliance Française).
When the French government decided to close the Consulat in Jersey, a few francophiles and French people got together to find a way of maintaining a French link on the island. The Alliance Française in Jersey was then created in 1996 thanks to the will and enthusiasm of Sir Peter Crill, former Baillif of Jersey, Mrs Pierrette Corsane, former French tutor, M. Reg Jeune and M. Pierre Aguiton, at the time President du Conseil General de la Manche.
Situated in the Jersey old Library at 5 Library Place, the AF was set up in 1996.
Official training provider for the States, the AF has also developed partnerships with Education, Sport and Culture and St Helier Town Hall and is keen to maintain close relationships with local bodies and associations. The AF in Jersey offers a wide range of tuition as well as a translation service and cultural activities in partnership with the French Section of the Société Jersiaise.
Each Alliance Française is a local non-profit organisation operating autonomously with no political or religious commitments.
All Alliances Françaises work towards three essential tasks:
- Offering French classes for all, both in France and abroad
- Spreading awareness of French and Francophone culture
- Promoting cultural diversity
Alliances Françaises have shared values which drive the network, acting as the basis for all their actions:
- Respect for cultural diversity, a passion for exchanges and solidarity
- The values of the non-profit sector
- Striving for excellence in all activities undertaken
- Modernity and innovation
- Mr John HARRIS, Director General of Jersey Financial Services Commission
- Honorary President
- Mr David MYATT, Honorary French Consul
- Vice Chairman
- Mr Xavier Souris, Director of La Maison de la Normandie
- Vice Chairman
- Senator Philip OZOUF, Assistant Chief Minister, States of Jersey
- Honorary Treasurer
- Peter ST GEORGE, Director, St George & Co Limited
- Mrs Miranda KELLEHER, Head of French Language at Hautlieu
- Mr Michael DE LA HAYE, Greffier of the States
- Mr Jérôme THERESE, Chief Investment Officer at Team Asset Management
- Mr Christopher SCHOLEFIELD, Advocate – Partner at Viberts